Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Traveller in Me.

The Traveller In Me comes to us from Ramana.

Now there are a couple of distinct directions to follow with this topic. Being Irish, the term Traveller can can imply a traditionally nomadic people of Irish origin. One of v the largest groups of Travellers happen to live about 5 miles from me in a place called White Settlement. They are itinerant or nomadic handymen. That automatically disqualifies me as I am the least handy person I know.

So - the Traveller in me that I will tackle is the traveling man in me.



I'm not much of a traveler simply because I hate to fly. I always have. That limits my traveling to car/train/boat.

I've lived in Colorado, California, Connecticut, Hawaii and Texas. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Antigua, Martinique and St Maarten. It should be easy to pick out where we went on a cruise celebrating our 40th birthdays with a group of our friends.

I've driven completely cross the country twice and I think the only states I have not been in are Alaska, Minnesota, Wisconsin  and South Carolina. Upon reflection I have been around a bit.

Places I've visited include the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Bryce Canyon, Zion, Yosemite, Carlsbad Caverns, Pike's Peak,  The Smithsonian,  DC sites, Cape Canaveral, a bunch of old forts from the Civil War and the War of 1812 and probably a dozen more whose  names I have forgotten.

The most beautiful places I've been are Bryce Canyon, Yellowstone and Yosemite.  Check the links below and see what you think.

Yellowstone

Bryce Canyon eTour

Yosemite

Important cities I've visited include San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles, Portland Oregon, Seattle Washington, Dallas and Ft Worth Texas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Boston, Hartford CT, Augusta Maine, St. Louis, Kansan City, New Orleans, Tampa Fl., Toronto, New York, Albany, Buffalo, Cleveland, SAn Juan PR and more.

So all-in-all I am  not much of a world traveler but I have done a fair job traveling this large and diverse country of mine. How about my LBC buddies? Time to travel with them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a travelin' man. Your eyes have seen the beauty of our great land. I also prefer to travel by car, Chuck. One gets to see so much more of the country.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a traveller in the British sense of being a travelling salesman for almost all my corporate life though during the last twenty of them went towards management rather than sales. That took me to every district head quarters and some other towns which were big market towns and so my knowledge of India is in some depth. I have travelled to Australia, the Far, South and Middle Eastern Asia, quite a bit of Europe and the UK and Ireland in depth. I have been to the USA on two occasions but only to New York and Atlanta. That makes me a kind of a vagabond does it not?

    ReplyDelete