Friday, February 27, 2015

Sabbatical

This weeks LBC topic comes from Conrad - our old fossil pal who has in fact been on a sabbatical of sorts for quite some time.

Who could blame him - or anyone for that matter - for wanting some time to recharge the batteries and  tend to neglected  issues that bombard our daily lives.  There's even an anthem of sorts -



It's very easy these days to burn yourself out - change comes at a frighteningly rapid pace.  As Heidi Toffler said, "Change is the only constant".

The real meaning of sabbatical relates to the sabbath.  What better way to recharge your batteries than to revisit/re-evaluate the spiritual or faith based side of your life. I separate the faith/spiritual sides because frankly I am not one of the so-called faithful. I'm more like Thomas Jefferson in that regard.

While I've never really taken a sabbatical I suppose you can say I will soon be taking one as regardless of the bankruptcy courts decisions  I will be leaving RadioShack in about two months - if not sooner - and Texas shortly thereafter. I am currently seeking Sabbaticals for Dunmies to assist in the endeavor.  One must certainly be prepared, don't you think? I'm looking forward to this...



Now I think it's time tyo see what the other LBC gang has to say.  Hopefully they haven't all gone on a sabbatical this week.

2 comments:

  1. I am really amazed at your memory. That Eagle song is proof for that statement! If you read my post, you will see my problem if we follow your take to its logical conclusion. If I don't take the sabbath, does it mean that I don't have a battery to charge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Your battery is charged constantly by your advanced charging circuitry. Like Travis McGee, who retired in spurts, your sabbaticals are frequent and fast - crossword puzzles and the like. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

      Delete