Thursday, October 3, 2019

You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at. What makes you laugh??

I selected this topic for our weekly 2-on-1 blog. Why? For the laughs - why else? We all need to laugh or IMHO we'd bat-shit crazy. Especially these days. Does the same thing that made you laugh 50 years ago still make you laugh? Caution - you may find some of the language in these clips offensive.Get over it - LOL.

There's no point in talking about it - just relax and hopefully enjoy some comedy through the ages that makes me laugh. 

A classic and one of the most beloved routines of all time. Especially for baseball fans.


I'm sorry but I have no earthly idea why this simple routine always makes be laugh log and hard but it does. Whenever I see or hear the name Niagra Falls I laugh.

When I was young my grandmother had a batch of what she called "party records" - most were by Redd Fox or Rusty warren. Occasionally my friends and I would sneak a listen.




Times were different. Political correctness had not established a firm foothold. Nothing was sacred it seemed.




 As time marched on the targets of humor became more and more ingrained in mainstream culture. Now it is even more so. IMHO, the finest comedian of all time is a gentleman named George Carlin and in an almost neck and neck tie, Robin Williams. Williams was at his best in unscripted moments IMHO.

 On the American dream
On Stuff

Reality check

On soft language

On Letterman

That is my take on what makes me laugh. Whatever reflection that has on my intelligence is a mystery to me. Perhaps that is why the quote I used was unattributed. For Ramana's take, be sure to check Ramana's Musings.

2 comments:

  1. Great! Both of us have admitted that we can laugh but, have declined to be among the smart. No wonder we get along so well with each other.

    Great examples of what makes you laugh Shackman. I am sure that if we ever get to meet personally, both of us will be laughing all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Robin Williams... especially in the movie The Bird Cage. but then it's full of satire. Gene Hackman was great in it too. well really ALL of them. it was just wipe the tears from your eyes funny!
    and I also like George Carlin. his take on politics and the American dream and who owns what... is spot on!
    but I love Letterman! I like the space between his teeth. and his humility and his humour. well chosen post. xo thanks.

    ReplyDelete