Thursday, November 5, 2020

Letter to Santa...What I want for Christmas.

 Dear Santa,

I hope this letter finds you well. I really hope 2020 has been better for you than it has for most people but I'd love a sneak peek at your naughty/nice book. I suspect keeping it up all year has been quite stressful at times. As you and I share the same personal kryptonite, cookies, I trust the Mrs. or cooking elves have kept your supplies replenished. I  promise I'll leave a few extra on your plate Christmas Eve. I hope you still fit down all of those  chimneys and by the by - I have always wondered how you complete your deliveries without looking like a chimney sweep? Every pic I have seen displays a clean,  bright red suit with nary a smudge on it. You aren't photo shopping those are you?

At my age you might think it odd I am once again writing to you but frankly I cannot remember you ever delivering anything I asked for before. As I grew older and wiser I just assumed your day job was in politics and you are a typical politician. Alas, when the divide between folks in my country reached epic proportions and the red hated the blue, elephants hated the asses and some families were sadly torn asunder, I realized that not getting that Red Ryder Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Air Rifle (aka BB gun) could cause this much trouble. What the heck - that thing isn't even on the NRA's watch list.

Don't worry Santa - I won't ask for world peace - that must  be above your pay grade. 

How about a Stanley Cup for my beloved Tiburones de San José

The board game Version of QAnon - 

More tolerance to deal with the idiots in this world 

Winning lottery numbers (before the game, of course)

A pill for writer's block on blog day (just in case)

Zero calorie cinnamon gummy bears

Gym membership for my good angel since my bad angel seems to kick his ass regularly

The wherewithal to finish the great American novel

More patience - he is only 10  years old (my grandson)

CRISPR being approved for HD treatment for my daughter

One more year of Supernatural 

The sequel to The Last Starfighter to get filmed 

One last note Santa - since world peace is beyond your reach, how about just a simple thing like a return to civility?


Shackman

That's it for my spin on Padmini's chosen topic. Please see what the others have to say

Maria

Sanjana

Ramanas Musings

Srinivas

Conrad

Padmum & Raju














 


4 comments:

  1. Loved it...many ticks in your wishlist are in me...just afraid to ask! Peace is only for Nobel Prize winners...the T could get it as a consolation pacifier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the take on Nick as the typical politician!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT list Shack!
    but this post had no music! it took me a moment to get used to that.
    trying to envision a peaceful transition of power here. ??? nope. can't quite get there. still one can hope.
    watched The Christmas Card a few days ago and thought of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stunned and I am sure that so will Santa be that you have not included any music. Unforgivable. Besides that glaring omission, a perfectly reasonable list which I hope will receive Santa's sympathetic consideration. In a follow up letter to him you can tell him that I endorse you.

    ReplyDelete