Monday, November 29, 2021

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Greeting and salutations all. My hiatus has ended and I am back, just in time for playoff football, Hallmark Christmas movies, Christmas music, and more. None of my teams have matched the consistency of Hallmark though. One has managed a 5-5 record and another fired their head coach of over 20 years. Now before you Hallmark fans try to lynch me over being negative about Hallmark, I watch the damn things too. When my granddaughter Ashley lived with us she and I looked forward to those recycled plots with revolving acting teams. I find it perfectly acceptable to want to spend a couple of hours watching a movie about Christmas that always manages to eke out a happy ending in the last 15 minutes. I certainly have not managed to pull off that trick in my life. Alas, Ashley ended our tradition this year by giving birth to my first great-granddaughter Amiri last week. I will survive, LOL.

So Black Friday has come and gone. Wouldn't it be more appropriately named Black Week or Month since they pump the sales that long? Black Friday pushes began with the placement of marketing materials the day after Halloween when stores began installing Christmas decorations. Black Friday seems somehow inappropriate.

I see we pulled our troops out of Afghanistan, bringing one inappropriate boondoggle to an end (that's another blog - you'd think we learned in Viet Nam not to fight a war we were not really trying to win). Of course, the GOP calls the Democrats fools for doing so even though the previous GOP administration started that ball rolling. Comedians in general are finding the richness of their information largely unchanged. I cannot say that surprises me. Just think - next year is an election year - possibly the most important ever. We'll certainly have lots to talk about.

As we roll into 2022,  my wish for all y'all is simple



See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting, my friend. As always, I enjoy reading them and also your posts on FB. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! John

    ReplyDelete