Friday, November 9, 2012

This Will Be My Epitaph

This weeks LBC topic comes from Maria in SF -

I suppose in my case it will come down to one of two -

1) So I'm down and so I'm out but so are many others
2) Never confuse fat with stupid

Anyone that really knows me will probably think both choices somewhat logical and I'll leave it to the person I've selected to distribute my ashes to make the final call.  If these are in any way confusing you don't know me but not to worry.  It doesn't matter. The curious question is if it ever did.

Guess we'll never know.



Check out what the other LBC members have to say on this weeks topic - ....Anu, Delirious, gaelikaa, Grannymar, Maxi, Maria SF, ocdwriter, Padmum, PaulRamana The Old Fossil and Will.  

11 comments:

  1. I like the first one the best because after all we are all just food for worms in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johny Denver all the way Shackman. I can come up with a more appropriate one for you but I am scared that you will come at me with your double barrel gun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear not - suggest away. Frankly of the 2 songs above though I find Harry Chapin's much better. Chapin is someone we lost much to soon - much the same as John Denver (who went to high school a couple of miles from my house)

      Delete
    2. Just as he was larger than life, he lies here larger than death.

      Delete
  3. I am so used to reading the words 'Never confuse fat with stupid' on your blog, that they will always bring a picture of you to mind. You are sure not stupid in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GM that's been a joking retort of mine for many years - guess it's kinda my signature tag line.

      Delete
  4. I love Harry Chapin and miss his artistry, his poetry.

    But, the second epitath is definitely my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are good---ashes? Then it will be cremation. So where will the epitaph go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. details, details.... geeze - logic intrudes once again :)

      Delete
  6. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted...

    And then you can add a line about your favourite hobby horse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Rummy … larger than life, same in death. Hope you're doing well.
    Blessings ~ Maxi

    ReplyDelete