Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Into the Mystic


Two years ago today at about 1:00 PM my wife Lynn died from Huntington's Disease. 

Truth be told, as painful as her loss was, the last 5-6 years of her life were miserable for her and everyone who loved her and so there was a huge sense of relief as well. Her suffering finally ended. I miss her every day and at times I'll hear a noise, look over to the couch and I swear I see her sitting with Ginger.

Thanks to the support of friends and family the future is something I look forward too.




We were together from the night we met at a New Years Eve party at Anne Amundson's house until she drew her last breath, The last time I saw her she was being zipped into a bag and wheeled out to the hearse. 



My scufflin days - such as they were - ended when we met. 

There is always someone
For each of us, they say.
And you'll be my someone
Forever and a day.

5 comments:

  1. She IS there Chuck … sitting with Ginger.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful entry Chuck. I can't believe it's two years already. The Lynne I remember was funny, caring and so smart! So glad to hear you are in a good place and hope the future allows us to see you in person again ❤️❤️ Please give our love to the family -
    love , the West coast McConveys

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beauty of your love is visible. So very very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough to read this all the way through. I worked with Lynn and Chuck for a number of years in So. California for a quirky kind of company. Lynn one of the all-time-funny-gentle-wise women I've ever known. Good to walk through Chuck's memories and of course a little sad too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate. And Joe Cocker is a great choice for this post.

    ReplyDelete