Friday, March 3, 2017

Food for Thought

This weeks topic was offered by Pravin. Food for thought - something that requires serious consideration.  Think before you speak. Heck - what fun is that? Ahem. Well - a little mental stimulus is always a good thing.

As a general principle, thinking before engaging your mouth or fingers is always a good thing. Often the best thing to say is not the first thing that comes to mind. While you cannot change the wind you can adjust your sails to reach your destination.  The only person truly responsible for your life is you. Believe in yourself - if you don't others will recognize that fact and likely will not believe in you.

I do see a certain irony in the fact that this week's  topic has left me virtually speechless. Would you believe I am still pondering my response?

Better see what my cohorts have to say - Ramana,  Pravin and Maria.

3 comments:

  1. You speechless? You have given me more than enough food for thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, and who'd have thunk it, today you appear to err on the side of caution.

    "While you cannot change the wind you can adjust your sails to reach your destination." That's poetic, Shackman, so poetic and so dastardly true it makes me shed a heartfelt tear or several - in recognition.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice thoughts, Shackman. I fell into arrears with my LBC posts again. My Social Media post only went up a few days ago. I do hope you will visit, read and comment. However, this week's post has gone up on my book blog, called, coincidentally enough, 'Maria's Book Blog'. Here's the link if you'd like to come over and read. http://ishmarind.blogspot.in/2017/03/food-for-thought-5-great-advantages-of.html

    ReplyDelete