Thursday, September 5, 2019

Ready to Go!!

Well - the reunion break is over, as is the cross-country train ride. It's back to business as usual and that means if it is Friday it is 2-on-1 blog time. There is one slight change from times  past - I now reside in Brentwood, California. I am as they say home. No  more North Carolina. Maybe there is a God after all. My kids are still safely ensconced in Hickory along with my cat and dog. Not to worry, There are two dogs here - and aging Jack Russell terrier named Mac  and a poofy little Yorkie named Mickey. I have an as yet unvisited friend named Conrad - he  of the lovely wife Carol in Hayward but as I am without wheels (the final price of my getaway) as the kids needed them more than I - that meeting will be in the future. Several times, I am sure. 

So this week's topic is Ready to go.  The reunion was more fun than anticipated. Cleveland was great fun - especially the Rock and Roll HOF  visit capped off by a Zombies concert. Here they are earlier in the year at the Rock Hall - it ws a great show, 70 year rock stars laughing, singing and thoroughly captivating the audience
 Cleveland was a very pleasant surprise. It was fun - friendly people,  a waiter as well versed in the music of the sixties and seventies as Jim and I and the kid is 26. Oh - the food was great too - The Chocolate Bar. Then there was the great haircut caper  - check that out on Facebook along with the bevy of reunion beauties Bobby's haircut attracted to yours truly.
 
The reunion itself was what they all should be - old friends reconnecting and sharing lives. No cliques or nonsense, just plain old FUN. Then there was the completion of the adventure - moving to Brentwood where i now reside with my Dad, brother and sister-in-law. Oh - and my niece Sammy is pregnant - due date sometime  between 9/22 (Mike) and 9/26 (me). Guess we batter root for 9/22 - Sammy and her hubby live nearby.

So I begin the final chapter of my life with a bevy of new cuties calling me Uncle Bubba in an area I have always considered my home.  Politics be damned - I simply love Northern Calfornia and am delighted to be here. It is packed with old friends, new friends, and I am ready to create some fun new chapters. I hope you enjoy the ride. 

Be sure to check Ramana's Musings to see what Ramana has to say. Lastly, I can honestly say the romance is gone from long train rides. Sorry Tammy -  but any trip like this should require sleeper cars. But I would not trade this adventure for anything.

See ya next week, same bat time, same bat channel.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks Shackman that was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great time and are home again. I was worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. OH!!! tears are filling my eyes so that I can barely type!
    YOU DID IT!
    and the happiness in your voice makes my day!
    WELL DONE you darling scoundrel! LOL!!! well done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news and I am delighted for you. I also envy you for the possibility of meeting up with Conrad soon and often. He is responsible for putting the two of us in touch with each other.

    Have a great and hopefully a long last innings Chuck. My best wishes that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck in your new home.

    I love the Zombies! Like all the other sixties bands, I expected them to be gone in a few years!

    ReplyDelete