Friday, January 31, 2014

LBC time - My Epitath

This weeks topic may make for some interesting reading.



Mine is quite simple -

He played the hand he was dealt in life to the best of his ability, always believing.

It seems like I've been here before;
I can't remember when;
But I got this funny feeling;
That we'll all be together again.
There's no straight lines make up my life;
And all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings;
And so far no dead-ends

That stanza of course is from Circle by the late, great Harry Chapin. It's partner in importance to me is matched by

Yesterday's over my shoulder but I can't look back for to long - there's just too much to see waiting in front of me and I know that I just can't go wrong.

Together they do a decent job of defining my attitudes and either would be a suitable epitath.





Check out the other LBC bloggers for their take on this subject.

4 comments:

  1. I like your epitaph. I don't know what I would write for myself, but I would hope I would live worthy of the word integrity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to have a great tune with greater lyrics for an epitaph rather than something carved onto a headstone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems you're doin' the best you can, SS … soldier on.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete