Thursday, November 19, 2015

Over Spending

I have a confession to make. This weeks LBC topic is one I am very  familiar with. Shame on me.

See - making enough money has always been a fairly easy proposition for me.  That's partly because  money never really was important to me - at least amassing vast sums of it never was.  I suppose I have relatively mundane tastes and needs - although I do enjoy a nice single-malt.

 Intellectually I get that budgets are a necessity but then there is always that angel on one shoulder and devil on the other encouraging one to make the right/wrong decision.  That dang free-will thing that our old friend god gave us.  God must have a sense of humor, setting us up to fail like  that. Of  course we are told everything is god's will - part of her plan.  Or his plan - depending on your deity of choice.  It's all so confusing.

After all, it is not like we are bombarded by good examples daily - it is the political season and so we are bombarded daily with rhetoric decrying the trillions of dollars our government spends. I suggest they stop calling the budget The Budget. It is really just a set of lines that tell everyone in the government which  boundaries they can ignore. Our legislators seem to equate ignoring those budgetary lines with thinking outside the box. They all seem to be stuck on dumb.

These days I am comfortable if not well off. Family situations over the last 10 or so years prevented me from stashing sufficient cash to do whatever I want whenever I want.  I'm an easy-going guy ready to enter the next stage of my life, there's a bottle of Glenlivet and a few bottles of wine in the cabinet and some good beer in the fridge. The fridge is full, the lights are on and the mortgage is paid a month in advance. Good movies and music are a few buttons on the remote away. Ginger is sawing logs on the sofa as I type this.  All-in-all, things are looking up.

That's my take on the weekly LBC topic, offered up by Maria.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're doing ok in these tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to live. In fact very enviable. Just one observation. God has nothing to do with temptation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_fatigue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If god created we imperfect folk then I suggest it is his/her fault - but that is a big IF - LOL

      Delete
  3. I do not overspend. I was never impressed by money, belongings or the latest fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God must have a sense of humor, setting us up to fail like that. Love that line. What is Glenlivet? Glad your all set up and go to go, Chuck.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxi -

      Glenlivet is a brand of single-malt scotch whiskey - very good stuff.

      Delete