Thursday, November 5, 2015

Weekly LBC post - Sleep

This weeks topic comes from our resident Dame Quixote - Padmum. Sleep. It's something we all need and do.

Sleep has typically always come easy for me. Oh sure - there have been occasions when I have been unable to sleep and they do happen a bit more often as I age but I have been a good sleeper most of my life.

Wikipedia says "Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surroundings" That works for me. The best part of sleep for me is dreaming. It's when I get to interact with my late wife among other things. I sweem to have little or no trouble remembering dreams - good or bad,



And then there is my sleeping partner of the last several years - my 60+ pound basset hound/collie mix Ginger. She has her own dreams chasing something or other nearly every night. She seems to enjoy that.

Need  a break from the rigors of daily life? Try a nap. I find my attitude about naps in general has changed as I age.  I suspect my grandkids are sleep experts. They have the uncanny ability to sleep the day away with regularity. I don't recall having that ability at their age.

That's my take on this weeks LBC topic, save for this last musical addition.

2 comments:

  1. I do dream but I cannot remember the dreams after I wake up. I make up for it by daydreaming. I take a short mid morning nap and also proper siesta. I am fortunate that I do not have any problems going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to leave a comment here last night.... I think I fell asleep in the middle of it. Sleeping is one of my new skills!

    ReplyDelete