Friday, December 18, 2015

The Well of Our Being

Once again my old HS classmate Lin has offered up a topic that flies in the face of the wway I have typically handled these blogs over the years. No simple read the topic and start hammering away at the keyboard. Real thought is required. She clearly bforgets I am n aught but a dumb ex-jock trying to get by on an increasingly complex world.  I tell ya - some people - LOL.

So off we go.  Well being.  I've rare;y seen that term in anything but insurance stuff of latge. The insurance companies want you to calculate your well being score by  having you answer a series of health related questions. In spite of my buffalo petite frame I come out surprisingly well on those - primarily IMHO because I have managed to reach the ripe old age of 66 and have never smoked an entire cigarette  in my life. I tried it once at abou8 and did not like it plus I got busted by the father of one of the gang clustered together under the small bridge in Pueblo where the deed was happening.

Now being healthy is certainly an important part of The Well of Our Being but not the only thoing. What makes us happy?  Well I am really more qualified to say what does not make me happy as I have spent most of the last 12 years or so not happy but somewhere between happy and a state of something I can only describe as unease. I've mainly been simply placing one foot in front of the other and trying to move forward, with varying degrees of success and many failures from which to learn. I felt resounding loneliness while living with 5 other people.  Why? The quick  and easy answer is they were the wrong people for a variety of reasons.  Things are infinitely better now with just Ginger and I as we meet new people here in North Carolina. Here she is on guard - ready and willing to lick anyone who enters her domain. 61 pounds of hustle and muscle - LOL.

And what am I doing different to change the happiness equation? Nothing beyond tring to relax and not let things bother me. Find what does make me happy and pursue that end. Ignore the things I cannot change - or at least not dwell on trhem. I'm pretty good at doing the right thing even when it is not in the best interest of my well being - if that makes any sense at all. This song sums it up - hopefully some of yoou know me well enough to get it



The past is gone - live in the present, knowing that the future is not promised but grab it as it comes and run with it. Every bit of it you can grab  becomes a bit of the present for you to live and enjoy.

That's it for this weeks LBC post. See ya next week, same bat time, same bat channel.

1 comment:

  1. Having been following you for the past few years and seeing how cheerfully you have handled your "uneasiness", I can vouch for how deep your well of being has been in providing you with the character and patience required to handle that. I hope that you will now have "Easiness" and are able to take long strides, rather than just those one foot ahead of the other.
    "

    ReplyDelete