Thursday, December 31, 2015

Changes in Latitudes Changes in Attitudes

2015 in review -



2015 was a big year for yours truly. I've adapted/adjusted to life without Lynn - we had 45 years together with the usual ups and downs right up til that HD diagnosis. From then on the last 8-10 years were like a bobsled ride to hell.  So 2015 included reflection and moving on. Like the song says - yesterdays over my shoulder but I can't look back for too long - there's just too much to see waiting in front of me and I know that I just can't go wrong. When I think of Lynn I remember the good times. Gotta keep moving forward even though I think of her often.



Then of course there was the big move to North Carolina - I left the huge DFW Metroplex and now reside in Conover NC - population under 9,000.  I get strange looks when I wear my San Jose Sharks jersey - LOL But the folks here are friendly and so far life is quiet and good. The family just grew by two with the addition of Stretch and Willie - the two cats my granddaughter Ashley helped me pick from the local shelter. They are named after my two favorite baseball players - Willie McCovey and Willie Mays.
Stretch - AKA #44
Say Hey Willie - #24
 Plans for tonight? A couple of single malts and then finish my last book of the year - a Longmire book by Craig Johnson.  Happy New Year everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I had the privilege of sharing some of your downs over the last years and am glad that the worst is over for you. It is also appropriate that a geographical change has also taken place which is bound to ease the process of adjusting to a new life.

    Cheers my friend and all the very best for 2016. May the most you wish for be the least that you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to new beginnings,Shackman. May the year ahead bring peace, joy, good health and fun to your door.

    ReplyDelete