Friday, August 26, 2016

Best Movie of 2015

2015 had it all movie wise. There were blockbusters, a Tom Hanks movie, an animation film, a Johnny Depp flop, Minions, Tomorrowland, James Bond, and more.  Box  office results were mind boggling. 

The Acadamy Award for Best  Picture went to Spotlight.  I think they got it right. Spotlight was an excellent film about the exposure of abuse at the hands of the Catholic Church. The movie was done in a quiet, straight forward manner that belied its subject matter and  told a very important story. It showed what real working journalists are capable of.  

I also got a kick out of Meryl Streep's  movie Ricki and the Flash about an aging rocker mom and her relationship with her family.

As to the box office king Star Wars?  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. And I am a huge Star Wars fan. 

This topic was my suggestion.  To see what Ramana has to say check here.

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard about Ricki and the Flash and Spotlight, nor do I think that they were released here. I will get DVDs and see both.

    ReplyDelete