Friday, May 24, 2013

LBC topic - Saying Goodbye

Today's LBC topic comes to us via Padmum in India. Saying goodbye.

This week's approach is decidedly more light hearted than last week's post. In fact the topic is somewhat similar to the Letting Go topic 2 weeks ago.  Please enjoy this musical journey about saying goodbye. A couple of the tunes are actually quite meaningful to me.

Man up!



Adios job!!!



Goodbye Columbus


A Bev Bivens goodbye


A friendly goodbye



A poignant goodbye


A fun goodbye for the LBC gang


I hope you enjoyed some or all of this musical goodbye.  As I said - it is decidedly more light-hearted than last weeks post.  Time does that you see.  It lets you say goodbye to your anger and while I haven't entirely let go I'm no longer in a ranting mood.

And what do the other LBC folk have to say on the subject??? Well you'll just have to go check them out for yourself.  They're listed right over there =============>

13 comments:

  1. That musical interlude was right up my tree. Thanks pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was GREAT! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if people would always sing me their goodbyes I would like saying goodbye better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peobably depends on theor singing voices D :-)

      Delete
  4. Take this job and shove it by Johny Paycheck brought back many memories Chuck. And what memories! When I left my high flying job after having spent almost half life with a multinational I got this song playing in the background at my farewell party! I got the nerve all right!

    Yes, a much different approach to the subject though it could have well been a morbid one. I like this approach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramana my fave DJ from my HS days used to play that song every Friday and once when he left the station in anger he dedicated it to the owner - Gene Autry

      Delete
    2. Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, Wow! What a generation!

      Delete
    3. When I was a kid in Colorado my favorite action show was called The 77th Bengal Lancers - LOL - I didn't care fir Howdy Doody - perferred Andy's Gang and my second fave show was KJet Jackson and his Flying Comnmandos - also called Captain Midnight.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely one of my favorite movies was Goodbye Columbus. Do you remember the line, "Four years of college and doesn't even know how to load a truck!"? I can't listen to the music on my iPad - not sure why I don't get the links - but I'll take a trip down that lane when I get home. You are absolutely the best at pulling together music for any occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but this is my second attempt at sending a comment. Chuck, really enjoyed all your musical selections. I tried teaching "Happy Trails" to my students but they thought it was pretty corny. I watched Roy Rogers all the time along with Mickey Mouse Club...I would run home from school in time to watch Annette. I remember my aunt and uncle bringing us kids the record of "Davy Crockett" and each a "raccoon" hat. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.

    The most emotional good-bye for me was saying it to my mom after she spent two weeks with me and my new born son. I was so scared that I couldn't do it all on my own. He survived and so did I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno why it took two tries Patty. Survived? I'd say Brian did more than survive - LOL

      Delete