It just so happens that besides being a decent pop song from the sixties it lends itself to a myriad other rules so lets try a few. Rules that say you can't do that - whatever that may be. Universal truths/rules.
- Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. I'm recently retired and have just discovered this one.
- Your dog is always your puppy.
- Anything worth doing has several "unwritten" rules that any reasonable individual should just know
- Anything that can go wrong will do so at the most inopportune moment (aka Murphy's Law)
- Always be specific when you lie (aka Gibbs' rule #7)
- It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission. Anyone who has ever been a kid knows this instinctively
- The world was a better place when Carl Wilson and Mike Smith were alive and singing
- Sometimes you're wrong. Too bad many folks seem to forget this most basic, universal truth.
There're lots more. These are just a few that popped into my head whilst writing this little ditty. Now it's time to see what the other LBC bloggers came up with.